What is #LiveSkills?
#LiveSkills is a package of resources for 8-18 year olds focusing on live streaming, one of the most popular online activities for children and young people.
It explores the features of live streaming and the specific risks children and young people can face.
- Three 20 minute activities for 8-11 year olds on building confidence and self-esteem in children, and knowing who to trust online
- Three 20 minute activities for 8-11 year olds exploring positive and negative attention
- A live streaming case study for young people aged 13+ looking at an example of online sexual abuse of a young person via live streaming
- Article for young people aged 11-18 focusing on identifying and responding safely to pressure online
- A 30 minute presentation for parents/carers explaining live streaming, the risks for young people and tips to support their child to stay safe. This can also be adapted to deliver to professionals
You will also find comprehensive guidance on delivering each session and factsheets for professionals and parents and carers.
What will young people learn
- How to identify the type of tactics offenders use on live streaming platforms
- The skills to think critically about the people they meet
- How to identify and respond to pressure and manipulation online
- How to deal with issues such as low confidence and self-esteem that may make them particularly vulnerable ‘when live’ and build resilience
- How to identify what is online sexual abuse and the sources of support