Help from other organisations

If you're worried about your child, there are lots of organisations out there who can provide advice and support.

What help can I get for my child?

If your child needs someone to talk to because of anything which has upset them, it could be that they are being bullied or that they have seen something online which they wish they hadn’t, there are a number of places they can go.

Children can ring Childline on 0800 1111 and speak to trained counsellors about any problems they may face. Childline is run by the NSPCC and is there to help your child.

The Childline website also offers excellent help and advice on a whole range of issues.

Worried about viruses, hacking and online security?

Being the victim of online crime can be as distressing as real-world robbery. Learn about the real risks and understand the urgency of protecting your family at GetSafeOnline.

Seen something illegal online?

If you have come across something you think might be illegal online, such as sexual images of children and young people, then you can report this to the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF). It’s their job to make sure that things like this are taken off the internet.

Child sex offender disclosure scheme

This scheme provides members of the public with a way to check whether people who have contact with their children have a criminal record for child sex offences. If it can help keep children safe the police will pass on the information.

For more information on the scheme which is now available in all 43 police forces in England and Wales visit this Home Office website page.
If you are concerned and want to check whether someone in contact with a child under your care has any convictions for child sex offences, you can do so by contacting the police force in your area.

Parents text content

Local services

Your child’s school will offer a range of support and can help put you in touch with services in your area.

Are you worried about your own sexual thoughts and behaviour?

Some people struggle with sexual thoughts and behaviours towards children. Are you someone who wants to stop these thoughts and behaviours but does not know how? Stop it Now! UK and Ireland offer confidential help and support. You can call them on 0808 1000 900 or email at,