The CEOP Ambassador course is a one day course delivered by the CEOP Education Team. On completion of the course, delegates will become CEOP Ambassadors and will gain access to the bespoke Thinkuknow Introduction Course – a series of modules for CEOP Ambassadors to deliver to other professionals. Ambassadors will also gain access to the online CEOP Ambassador Community, with peer support opportunities, discussion boards and an Ambassador newsfeed.
The CEOP Ambassador course provides an in-depth look at:
- Introduction to CEOP and reporting
- How children and young people use the internet, social media and online technologies
- The nature of online sexual offending against children and young people
- Dealing with incidents of youth produced sexual imagery
- How to deliver strong preventative education on online sexual abuse and exploitation across age groups
On the day you will join over 50 other professionals working with children, young people and their families from a range of sectors which will provide you with a great opportunity to network with others and share best practice.
CEOP strongly recommend that, following the course new CEOP Ambassadors are allocated one further day for self-directed learning to develop familiarity and confidence with the extensive suite of resources and to prepare to deliver effective preventative education within their setting.
It should also be noted that CEOP Ambassador training is supplementary to any statutory Child Protection training and is valid in the UK only.
Course requirements and eligibility
- Professionals at any organisation which works directly with children and young people
- Delegates are expected to go on to deliver the Thinkuknow Training Modules to colleagues within 6 months of completing the course. CEOP requires Ambassadors to provide regular feedback on numbers of professionals, parents and carers, children and young people trained via their registered profile at www.thinkuknow.co.uk/professionals.
- All delegates attending the CEOP Ambassador course must present photographic ID (passport, driver’s license or work ID) at event registration for verification purposes. Applicants must hold a valid DBS certificate or equivalent and be cleared to work with children and young people in your setting. Confirmation is required in the form of a letter from the employer to be brought to training. Police Officers may show their warrant card and are not required to provide a letter.
- Self-employed or private company attendees must contact the CEOP Education Team in advance (firstname.lastname@example.org) for authorisation to attend, and must provide a letter at least two weeks prior to the course including a reference, with referee contact details, from a reputable organisation working directly or strategically with children, that they have worked with during the past 12 months.
- All CEOP Ambassadors must adhere to CEOP's code of conduct once training is complete, and it is advised that Ambassadors support other professionals to work within CEOP's expectations and code of conduct.
Once you are booked onto a course you will receive an email with detailed course information including venue details, timings and documents to bring to the course.
Cost of the CEOP Ambassador course
- £299: statutory and private sector organisations
- £249: registered charities, community interest companies and voluntary and community sector organisations
In addition to the one day training course, this cost includes:
- Access to a suite of six Thinkuknow Training Modules for in-house delivery by Ambassadors, which they can adapt to address specific contexts.
- Future access to further Training Modules to be developed in response to evolving online technologies, behaviours and risks.
- Membership of the online Ambassador community, with peer support opportunities including discussion boards, a searchable database of Ambassadors, and a Ambassador newsfeed for an easy way of staying up to date with the risks children and young people face in the online world and how to best respond.
Invoices will be sent following attendance on the course. If your organisation requires a PO please ensure you include this on your booking form. If you require our supplier details to enable you to raise a PO please make contact with us - email@example.com
Delegates who wish to cancel their booking on the CEOP Ambassador course and not incur a charge may do so a minimum of 5 working days ahead of the training event. Delegates cancelling their booking less than 5 days ahead of the event or those who fail to attend will be charged the full course fee.
Please be aware that a course will display a waiting list to join only when it is sold out. Anyone joining the waiting list will be notified by email if a place becomes available on the chosen course.