Nude Selfies: What Parents and Carers Need to Know (Subtitled Films)
The four subtitled 'Nude Selfies' films (2-3 minutes each) are based on research findings from the European Commission-funded project SPIRTO (Self-Produced Images: Risk Taking Online). They offer parents and carers advice on how to keep their children safe from the risks associated with the sharing of nude and nearly nude images.
The films are narrated by Anne, who talks to the audience about what happened having learnt that her 15 year-old son has shared a nude image with his girlfriend. She also approaches the topic with her younger daughter, to potentially mitigate any future risk.
Key issues covered
The films cover the following topics:
• Understanding young people's motivations for sending nude images
• Plan to respond positively and constructively to an incident in which their child shared a nude image
• Gain confidence and skills in initiating preventative conversations
• Identify risky behaviours or situations, and know when to seek help
• Know how to get help if a child is at risk after sharing an image
There is an accompanying guidance pack, available in the downloadable file, which includes a session plan and resources to aid delivery.
Further information for parents and carers on young people sending nude images is available at www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents.