Guidance for professionals on reporting to CEOP
On average CEOP safeguards 100 children and young people per month through our online Safety Centre (at www.ceop.police.uk), or via the Click CEOP reporting button. The Safety Centre is an online reporting tool where children, young people, parents, carers and professionals can report concerns to the CEOP Child Protection Team related to grooming, sexual abuse and online sexual exploitation.
This guide is to help our professional network know when to report to CEOP using the online Safety Centre, as well as understand the concerns that we can advise on and the detail to include in a report.
The guidance covers:
- What kinds of concerns can CEOP advise on?
- Concerns outside of CEOP's remit
- Things to include when making a CEOP report
- Children reporting to CEOP
- Helpful resources and information