Education for a Connected World: curriculum framework
What is it?
This curriculum framework provides guidance on supporting children and young people to navigate the digital world safely.
It specifically focuses on:
- Self-image and identity
- Online relationships
- Online reputation
- Online bullying
- Managing online information
- Health, wellbeing and lifestyle
- Privacy and security
- Copyright and ownership
In each area, it describes the skills and understanding children and young people should have the opportunity to develop at different ages and stages.
The framework was developed by the UK Council for Internet Safety (UKCIS), previously known as the UK Council for Child Internet Safety, and supports one of the key aims of the government’s Internet Safety Strategy.
How to use it
You can use the framework to:
- Develop a curriculum to support young people to be safe online
- Audit and evaluate existing provision
- Coordinate delivery of online safety education throughout the curriculum
- Improve engagement on issues related to online safety
- Develop training for staff and governors/board members
Who can use it
School leaders, teachers and other members of the children’s workforce that provide online safety education.
Where to find it
Download the framework here.