Sexting: Responding to incidents and safeguarding learners
This guidance has been produced by the UK Council for Child Internet Safety (UKCCIS) for educational settings in Wales.
Key issues covered
This guidance covers:
- Responding to disclosures
- Handling devices and imagery
- Risk assessing situations
- Involving other agencies, including escalation to the police and children's social care
- Recording incidents
- Involving parents and carers
- Preventative education
This advice is for the designated senior person for child protection (DSPs), headteachers and senior leadership teams in schools, colleges and other educational settings in Wales.
The guidance aims to take a 'common sense' attitude to dealing with youth produced sexual imagery, and offers advice within the context of a school's own child protection policy.
You can find the Welsh and English language version of the guidance below: