Online Harms White Paper
What is it?
The Online Harms White Paper was released by the government in April 2019, and sets out the government’s plans to tackle both legal and illegal online harms including measures to keep UK internet users safer online.
The Online Harms White Paper highlights:
- The online harms that may be encountered online
- The impact this may have on children and young people
- Steps the government is taking to keep UK users safer online
- Plans for a new regulatory framework for online safety and what this will include
- Plans to appoint an independent regulator who will enforce the new regulatory framework
Where to find it
You can access both the full report and an executive summary on the government’s website.